Weekly Round-up: August 23, 2013
This week is all about guidance.
- Expanding Open Data Guidance. NextGov reports that "The White House is expanding guidance on promoting open data." Related: Ben Rooney of the Wall Street Journal argues that "Open Government and Open Data Are Not The Same Thing"
- Guidance on Emails. Forbes rounds up "The 23 Unwritten Rules Of Email."
- Asking for Guidance. HowTo.gov is asking readers "what we’re doing right… and what we can do better. We’re currently running a survey (open through August 27, 2013) to hear from our federal customers about your satisfaction with our digital government programs. If you’re a federal employee reading this blog, we want to hear from you!
- Gov20 Guide to SxSWi. On GovLoop, I put together a brief list of Gov 2.0 sessions at SxSW 2014. Vote now!
- DHS takes a call for cutting-edge technology on the commercial road.
- Former Chief Human Capital Officer on the Importance of Valuing Feds (and the dangers of the converse).
- The need for procurement to support, not impede, innovation in government.
The Business of Government Radio Show: Tracy L. Wareing
The Business of Government Hour features a conversation about management with a government executive who is changing the way government
Tracy L. Wareing is the Executive Director of American Public Human Services Association (APHSA), a bipartisan, nonprofit membership organization representing the state and local human service agencies through their top-level leadership.
Broadcast Schedule: The show airs Monday at 11 a.m., and Wednesday at noon, on Federal News Radio 1500AM WFED