Wednesday, June 8th, 2011 - 22:11
Over the last 13 years, we published more than 300 research reports and interviewed some
300 senior government executives. It is from this rich library that we’ve identified several
broad societal trends that we believe are changing what it takes to be a successful leader at
all levels of government.
Based on these insights and trends, this forum presents seven management imperatives that government leaders and public managers must pursue in order to successfully manage in this new environment.
- Imperative One: Act with strategic intent
- Imperative Two: Leverage hyperconnectivity
- Imperative Three: Manage through collaboration
- Imperative Four: Use real-time performance data
- Imperative Five: Respond to the new security environment
- Imperative Six: Work with the private sector in new ways
- Imperative Seven: Cut costs and improve performance